Retail Marketing Award
Retail Marketing Award
The Retail Marketing Award recognizes outstanding marketing strategies and campaigns that help retailers grow their business.
Successful submissions will detail an executable strategy, and from this strategy demonstrate a campaign that used innovative ideas and creative approaches that produced clear and trackable success.
Submissions will show how the strategy and / or campaign helped the retailer find new customers, enhance loyalty with existing customer, expanded brand awareness, change brand perceptions, or a combination of each through impactful creative that delivered against desired goals.
CASE STUDY REQUIREMENTS:
Please include the following in your response:
- Objective evidence of both the strategy and campaign’s executional success must be demonstrated. Acceptable measures include but are not limited to: increased sales and/or store traffic, customer brand awareness, shopper loyalty, consumer engagement, conversion, improved ROI.
- Campaigns can be integrated and executed through any communication vehicle or tactic (eg social media, advertising, sales promotion, flyers, catalogues, website, packaging, public relations, direct marketing, digital marketing etc).
- Submission must also identify the key insight or variable that has distinguished the success behind this retail marketing strategy and campaign.
Formatting Requirements for Case Study:
- Title Page (Must include Award Category, Name of Company and Title of Submission)
- Table of Contents
- Content Pages
- Basic Information
- Executive Summary
- Needs and Objectives
- Program Details & Results
- Supporting Creative
- Appendices (if applicable) and Supporting Evidence with description
CONTENT DETAILS TO INCLUDE IN CASE STUDY:
- Name of retailer
- Name of the campaign
- Name of design/advertising/marketing agency (if applicable)
- Start date of campaign
- Base period of comparison
Executive Summary of Strategy and Campaign Tactics (100 Words)
- Summary of submission details
Needs and Objectives (300-500 Words) – 20%
- Situational analysis
- Consumer, market, brand opportunity to leverage
- Business and brand campaign objectives
Program Details & Results (600-1000 words) – 70%
- Target group identified for campaign’s focus;
- Strategies developed to meet brand and business objectives;
- Executional vehicles and tactics considered and used to drive success;
- Resources, budget and timelines assigned to the initiative. (e.g., explain how resources were used, budgets allocated and timelines achieved);
- Collaboration strategies with both internal and external stakeholders and key learnings for retail marketers. Describe how the initiative required stakeholders to work together – possibly in different ways – to achieve results (e.g. internal team began working together at an earlier stage, suppliers provided more input etc.);
- How campaign added to the retailer’s overall retail brand and complemented the established goals and objectives of the company;
- Evidence of the campaign delivered on its objectives (e.g. measurable results – increased sales and/or store traffic, customer brand awareness, shopper loyalty, consumer engagement, conversion, improved ROI etc.);
- The key insight or variable that distinguished the success behind this retail marketing strategy and campaign;
- Any other elements you would like to highlight about the strategy and campaign
Supporting Creative: Judged – 10%
- Provide creative examples of the campaign including a description and visuals.
Submission deadline March 11, 2023